When you decorate your living room it’s important to strike a balance between style and comfort. This is the room you’ll most likely be doing all of your entertaining in, so it’s important to make it presentable.
- For the living room to be “habitable” it is necessary to arrange furniture for comfort.
- Choose a center of interest in each room. If there is a fireplace, place the chairs and sofa close by. Add a lamp so that it is possible to turn on the light and read comfortably. Invest in luxury lamp shades to make the room feel more elegant.
- Have the appropriate furniture in the room: a sofa and a series of comfortable chairs, a desk, several small tables, as well as a large table for books, newspapers, ashtrays and flowers.
- Lighting has a lot to do with the comfort of a room. Do not have lights that damage the eyes, rather place the lamps so that the bulbs do not point directly into the eyes when you are sitting in the most comfortable chairs.
- Hang a collection of silver trays as eye-catching ornaments.
- Mix materials and textures.
- Make a small space look larger by using transparent tables.
- Divide a large space: hang a drop-down curtain from the ceiling when you want to divide large spaces and differentiate areas.
- Add color to the walls: this makes a room warm and cheerful.
- Make a room appear brighter and larger by placing a mirror to reflect the light.
These are only a few of the things you can do to pretty up your living room. If you follow these tips, you’ll soon have the most stylish living room in the entire neighborhood!